Welcome to the Paul A. Fusco Memorial Scholar Athlete Award. This scholarship was established in the summer of 2015 to honor the life of former Eclipse Engineering team member, Paul Fusco.
The Paul A. Fusco Memorial Scholar Athlete Award is an annual, merit based competition, that focuses on rewarding academic achievement, a commitment to serving others (in school, in the community or at home), a strong work ethic, and leadership qualities. The intent of the award is to provide help with the costs of college education for a student athlete who has participated on sanctioned teams at the high school level and who exemplifies the qualities and values of Eclipse Engineering. This is a one-time award of $500. Finalists will be chosen and the award recipient will be selected in May of each year.
The Paul A. Fusco Memorial Scholar Athlete Award is funded through Eclipse Engineering, LLC. The committee, in making scholarships available, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national/ethnic origin.
- Must be a United States citizen or non-citizen who has a current lawful presence in the United States and a work permit.
- Available to permanent residents of Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia or Washington DC who display academic achievement, a commitment to serving others, a strong work ethic and leadership qualities.
- High school seniors and students with GED diplomas entering accredited U.S. undergraduate colleges or universities are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Must be enrolled in college full-time (at least 12 hours).
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale or the equivalent.
- Must be pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree. Students in one-year or two-year certificate programs do not qualify.
- Must display citizenship and serious-mindedness characteristics and be involved in a balance of school, community and/or work activities.
- Must have participated on a sanctioned or high school athletics team, at any level.
- Must be used for undergraduate tuition, fees and books only
- Applicants may not have received a full-ride scholarship.
Applications are accepted April 1 through May 1.